The research activity of the founders of the Institute, Emanuela Appetiti and Alain Touwaide, has been supported in recent years by generous funding granted by:
- Dumbarton Oaks Research Library and Collection (Byzantine Studies), Trustee of Harvard University, Washington, D.C., U.S.A.;
- the Department of History of Science, Oklahoma University, Norman, OK, U.S.A.;
- the History of Medicine Division of the National Library of Medicine, Bethesda, MD, U.S.A.;
- the Department of Botany, National Museum of Natural History, Smithsonian Institution, Washington, D.C., U.S.A.;
- Hunt Institute for Botanical Documentation, Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh, PA, U.S.A.;
- Earthwatch Institute, Maynard, MA, U.S.A.;
- Istituto Italiano per gli Studi Filosofici, Naples, Italy.
Current activity of the Institute is possible thanks to generous donations from individuals and the support of Caudill Seed Companies.