To perform scientific and medical analysis, the Institute collects data coming from the written record of ancient medical practice. To create and manage these large collections of material, it has created—and develops further—an unprecedented repository of knowledge made of three major collections linked to each other and aimed to make the heritage of ancient medical expertise accessible to modern researchers and available for new applications.
Make a financial contribution.
The Reading Room
IPMT Latest News
- Searching for Greek Medical Manuscripts: Report of the 2016 Campaign
- Medicine, Venoms and Poisons this winter at UCLA
- Fresh from the Press!
- A New Approach to a Medieval Book of Herbs
- Research Breakthrough: 2000-year-old medicine revealed
- Scoperta eccezionale: svelata la formula di farmaci di epoca greco-romana